Saturday, February 2, 2008

A little cowboy

Finished the smock I've been making for Ian. I wanted something he could wear over his clothes for when he's painting or helping in the kitchen or anything else that could be messy. Complete with pockets where only the important things are carried with him...cars, coins, bits of paper, and various toys. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I drew the pattern by hand so it was a bit of a guess and it ended up being a little too big. But there is room to grow if it lasts that long.

I fell in love with the cowboy print which seems fitting now that he has a cowboy hat to go with it.

I read recently how babies and toddlers have a very strong sense of smell. So Ian and I have been smelling our way through my essential oils talking about each one. He loves opening the bottles and then screwing them back on. Such little tasks that take a bit of concentration for little hands. So far he loves the lavender and orange oils.

PRINT THIS POST

4 comments:

Bonnie and Fred said...

I knew if I prayed long enough and hard enough, it would pay off. Ian is a COWBOYS fan. Love you Ian.

Adam and Raechell said...

Andrea, The smock turned out great! ;) I hope the girl's aprons turn out half as nice. What a great idea...and I just love the fabric. That's an awesome choice.

Jeremy said...

Haha! Fred...I think you may have to keep praying on that one. He loves the cowboy hat and horses but anytime football is on he yells for the Eagles. :-)

Shel..Thank you! I can't wait to see the girls' aprons. They will be great! Ian's smock is definitely big...I had to pin the waist so it would fit better. It was fun to make though which is really the bigger deal to me.

Karli Del Biondo said...

I really like that old-fashioned cartoon art. The smock is adorable. I need to get Samuel one of those for painting.