Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Birthday planning

We are beginning to plan for a birthday party around here. Ian will be 5 in 12 short days! He helped me write his invitations this morning and we've spent the past week talking about food and cakes (chocolate for sure... and he's adamant about it). We've decided on a late morning/ early lunch get-together and we knew right away that donuts must be on the menu. It will be an easy run to the donut shop for everyone else and for those of us with gluten intolerances, I will be making some homemade ones. I'm sure the boys won't be too upset to try my practice donuts this week. We almost have a 5 year old in the house!


And if today couldn't get any better with talks of birthdays and donuts... the sun is out. The windows are open and we are soaking in the sun and the fresh air. Our chickens were happy to have some company in the yard and clucked around our feet picking at bugs and grass. I know it's a few months away still... but Spring is definitely in the air today.

PRINT THIS POST

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Wish I had been home with you guys...

Adam and Raechell said...

Such fun...in the planning and the event! Oh, I love Spring...6 more weeks for us on the East Coast...can't wait. :)

Linda said...

So that's where all our warm weather went!
I love it that you are planning this party together. Donuts sound just right to me. Have lots of fun!

Bonnie and Fred said...

I love how Ian has his weapon at his side, just in case it is needed. Hard to believe he is going to be five in a few days. Where has that time gone. Early Happy Birthday, Ian.