Friday, January 22, 2010

January days

Sitting here drinking my hot cup of decaf coffee with plenty of cream and a splash of stevia... just the way I like it. Missing Jeremy and Ian who left very early yesterday morning for a trip across the country to northern NY to visit family. I know they are having fun and being spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa, building snowmen in the yard, and seeing the place Ian was born and the apartment where we first brought him home to. This is the longest I've been away from Ian but I realize that it's also the first time I've had such devoted time with Sawyer who will be a big 3 years old this spring.


I'm joining Randi over at her blog on her quilt-along project. I thought it would be such a perfect time to make my first quilt and keep me even busier while we wait for baby to come. In 6 weeks I'll have a new throw quilt for our couch and if I have a love affair with any thing... it's blankets to snuggle up with on the couch. Sawyer amazed me yesterday when he happily spent 3 hours with me at the fabric store. I'm not sure how he'll react when we go back today but I was too tired and brain-fatigued to continue yesterday. I just couldn't figure out how to coordinate 10 different fabrics in the colors I wanted. But I have a good theme going now, adding a few fabrics that I already had at home, so I just need 4 more and I'm done. Ready to being week one on Monday!

Baby is doing really well. He's growing like crazy and likes to keep me up at night. There are moments when I feel glad that I have a couple more months before he's here to plan and organize. But more often than not, I wish he were already here, nestled in my arms and wanting to nurse. I can't wait to kiss his cheek and breathe in his baby smell. I feel like he's a joy to us already.


Belly is big. I'm closer now to 30 weeks than I am to 29 and that amazes me. I'm so thankful for a healthy pregnancy and I'm anticipating a great birth too. I'm working on a bulky blanket for him and I have plans for a few more things as the weeks go on.

In the meantime, Sawyer and I have some fun to plan (other than our 2nd fabric store trip that is). I'll be updating my book list for 2010 soon... seriously rough start to the year in trying to finish some books I started. And maybe, maybe I'll get to writing more on here which is my goal. Social networking sites aren't exactly how I want to spend my online time anymore since it's so few and far between these days. There's just so many things to make and do and read. Plus, thoughts of homeschooling are starting to make their way in to my days since I have a soon-to-be five year old that will officially be starting our version of kindergarten in the fall. So, plenty to keep me busy and it's all making life very, very good.

PRINT THIS POST

2 comments:

Adam and Raechell said...

Beautiful...thanks for sharing. :)

Heather said...

love that baby belly! So glad to hear how well you're feeling. :)