Friday, May 8, 2009

A few more things to share

My antique-dealer neighbor is having a garage sale (Seriously! And she has a booth at my favorite antique store) and it reminded me that I had a few more things to share from this post.

_________________

A small quilt.. perfect for picnics or anything involving the boys. It's in good condition but not so delicate that I'm afraid they will tear it.

An old egg basket that is currently holding fabric scraps in my new sewing room. I love these old baskets because they can collapse and fold to lay completely flat yet they stand open on their own too.

An old teapot and tablecloth... just because.


And another plant stand, painted blue. I can't decide if it will join my other one outside or stay inside and hold a lamp or plant or whatever else I can come up with. But I love it's shape.

And lastly... not an antique... but a birthday sign I've been working on all week. We are celebrating Sawyer's 2nd birthday tomorrow with a big family BBQ and I really wanted something special to hang on the wall. The letters are inset, cut from the green fabric and stitched to the colored fabric beneath. It's so close to being done... just a little bias tape at the top to tie them all together.

__________________

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there!

PRINT THIS POST

2 comments:

Bonnie and Fred said...

Give Sawyer a big hug and kiss from Grandma and Grandpa. Happy Birthday Sawyer.

Adam and Raechell said...

Very nice pieces...thanks for sharing them with us. Happy Birthday Sawyer! :)