Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Is this thing on????

Thank you all for the wonderful congratulations on our news! We are so happy and feel very blessed to be expecting another baby. It's hard to believe it's been 2 weeks since I posted last but things seem to pile up when you don't feel well. But it looks like even that is slowly changing. I'm having more good days then bad now so I think we are turning a corner!

My sleep could use a little improving however.... I've been awake since 3am and figured what better time to catch up on a blog post! Better to get something done then just lay in bed staring at the ceiling. I had this same issue in Sawyer's pregnancy... I wake up during the night and it takes a couple hours to get back to sleep. Good thing I can adjust my mornings and lay low for awhile.

But life has been good! The boys are as active as ever and we are coming up with all kinds of things to keep busy. The weather is changing and we have warmer days and cooler days. I'm really looking forward to the colder weather, warm soups, and blankets curled up on the couch.

In the meantime though, we are getting outside and making the most of our warmer weather. We've taken hikes with silly boys...


Made water stations out on the back deck so little Lego men and Transformers can go swimming.


The boys have enjoyed dinner out with Dad on a few occasions while mama sleeps.


And there's been a lot of music being played lately. Jeremy's obtained a new music area now that Sawyer and Ian are sharing a room. The boys grab their guitars every time Dad does and it makes for some very creative music.


And it finally dawned on me to ask Jeremy to teach me chords on the piano so I could play something... anything. I've had a few lessons over the years, just enough that I've picked it up pretty quickly this time and now I can play a good list of worship songs. I love being able to sit and play and sing.



So all is well in our little world. And I've taken pictures of our newly painted house... it's been done for about a month now. (I KNOW... I've been horrible with the updates). For those of you that have been asking, I promise I'll get them up soon. Everything turned out amazing and we love the new colors!

Back to bed for me... maybe I can fall asleep for a couple of hours before the boys wake up...

PRINT THIS POST

3 comments:

Linda said...

It is so good to read your nice newsy post Andrea. I'm glad you're beginning to feel better. Your sleep pattern pretty well describes mine. I'm praying it's menopause in my case and will some day change. In the meantime, I take an occasional nap but usually just try to struggle through those tough mid-afternoon hours.
How cute the boys look. Enjoy these beautiful days.
I'm proud of you for playing some songs. Isn't the piano wonderful! I love learning to play.
Looking forward to pictures of the house.

Adam and Raechell said...

What beautiful little men! :) Thanks for all the pics of them.

Justin and Julie said...

Good to hear you are feeling better! I love knowing even a couple cords to play around with ... you can all be making music together :)